Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy for the Treatment of Trauma: Coming out of the Shadow of Shame
Yolanda von Hockauf (Vancouver Canada) started her EFT experience at the very beginning of her career. As a psychotherapist participating in Dr. Sue Johnson’s original research study in the early 1980’s, she has been involved with this model from the ground up. Since then, her knowledge, skill and passion for this highly effective model have continued to expand. She has trained therapists in seven European countries as well as in New Zealand and throughout North America. She especially enjoys creating new workshops that apply and integrate this powerful model to topics such as individuals, trauma, shame, the self of the therapist and advanced skills training.
Yolanda is a Registered Marriage and Family Therapist with the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy and an ICEEFT Certified EFT Supervisor and Trainer. In 2005 she co-founded the Vancouver Couple & Family Institute (VCFI), home of the Vancouver Centre for EFT, a therapy and training centre that is highly regarded in the community by academic institutions, physicians, other therapists and the general public. She continues to practice as a therapist at VCFI as well as offering supervision.
Yolanda’s passion extends to training other therapists, where she receives consistent feedback that her engaging and transparent style, combined with true clarity in her teaching, makes her training an exceptional experience for beginning and advanced therapists alike.
- Friday 22 en Saturday 23 September 2017 (9u30 – 17u)
Childhood trauma can have a lifelong impact on feelings of safety in the world and on coping strategies. With no template for safe connection, adult intimate relationships become overshadowed by shame, anger, and avoidance, as the raw attachment fears of rejection and abandonment take over. Model of self and other are profoundly impacted, so negative cycles are often more entrenched and complex in trauma couples.
This workshop will focus on how to use the couple relationship as a place of healing by facilitating corrective experiences through vulnerable sharing of fears and longings. We will also monitor and process our own possible dysregulation as therapists, since it is natural to feel overwhelmed or hopeless at times. We will practice how to stay present and provide a safe haven for couples who live in the shadow of isolation and shame, bringing them to new places of safety and connection with each other.
Review of EFT specifically as applied to trauma and shame; video demonstrations, experiential exercises and role-plays.
Ideal is an externship level knowledge of EFT and experience in EFT couple therapy. The workshop will focus on trauma and shame from an EFT (emotional/attachment) perspective. Psychotherapists wanting to attend, not having fulfilled an EFT training, are expected to do some basic reading before attending.
There is the possibility of a live consultation. If one of the participants would like to bring a couple along. Yolanda would have a conversation with the couple ‘in the group’. Contact Lieven Migerode at email@example.com.
- Identify special issues in working with trauma couples
- Understand the origins of shame in the trauma survivor and its impact on the couple’s relationship
- Integrate the trauma history into the relationship cycle using the EFT model
- Practice working with negative cycles in trauma couples through the EFT interventions
- Learn to work with emotion as an agent of change and bonding in the couple relationship through the stage two change events of EFT
Youth hostel De Blauwput Leuven
Staying in our beautiful city: www.visitleuven.be/en
- Early bird (payment before 30/06/2017) : 250€ for 2 days, lunch included
- Betaling na 30/06/2017 : 300€ for 2 days, lunch included
- To enroll for this event, please navigate to the second tab above “Enroll for this course“.
- Your reservation is complete after a wire transfer of the full amount to our bank account BELFIUS BE70 0688 9742 4425 (BIC : GKCC BE BB) with payment summary: Name participant – EFCT for the Treatment of Trauma. After your online reservation, you’ll also receive an email with detailed payment instructions.
- Your payment is proof of purchase.
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed on all our events and more.
Er kunnen geen reserveringen meer worden geplaatst voor dit evenement.